PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Pay Review
Thread: EK Pay Review
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2012, 10:34
Alconguin Crusader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the thoughtful words TU. After staying up all night reflecting on another Red-Eye flight maybe the term of the female's atatomy describing the Emirates pilot group was harse or over the top. There is a preponerance of pilots that think Ek is a good deal and I in a frustrating way try to enlighten the Kool-Aid drinkers that there is a whole another world out there. Maybe my methods were not PC but I hope the message got through.
Wiz is a piece of work. I don't know why he keeps refering to the Regionals in the US. Maybe that is his skill set baseline or he is use to that kind of salary but there are just as many airlines in OZ similar to the US regionals however there are plenty more airlines in the US that pay far more than Wizo is use to. And yes the US regionals need to raise their game and demmands before that becomes the New Norm.
I fully realize that some of the pilots are stuck at Ek through either career decisions or false assumptions, I being the latter. But to defend a mediocre airline just because you have had nothing better or can't go anywhere is not in your profession's best interest. Who among us would not want $270 an hour plus the perks? I sincerely hope I can count on one hand how many EK pilots would not want to make that kind of coin. I try to make plain what the EK pilots are missing with terminology and contract itmes when compared to other international, wide body, legacy pilot's contracts.
Although I have been into TCAS' office more than the average EK pilot has ventured I am not optimistic about our chances of getting anything like a DL contract hence part of my frustration. Compound that with the usual suspects at Ek drinking the company Kool-Aid and not wanting to rock the boat and we will never get close to Industry Standard.