PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Pay Review
Thread: EK Pay Review
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2012, 00:36
TangoUniform

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not to defend AC, but what he could be trying to say is, that the ENTIRE pay package and benefits fall way short of some of the legacy and other major airlines out there. To say that the EK is one of the top pilot packages in the world is off the mark. And AC will probably say that it was a huge mistake to leave DL/NWA when he did. Even with a full captain's monthly pay (say 12 yrs) and a full utilities allowance....it still falls short of being a leader in our industry. EK has made some of the top profits in the last few years in comparison, yet the package lags (including flying anywhere from 85-90 hrs/mo) with all leave not alocated and sick leave returned in ADs. Oh well.

Now what choice do we have? None, plain and simple. To call the EK pilots p*****s, is way off the mark. What do you propose we do AC? It is a love or leave it situation we are all in. If we had a crystal ball, many would never have left from where we came. But we don't so we are here, and all we can do is grin and bear it. But please gents, don't think this is one of the better deals around. The problem is, for many of us, it is the best deal available because of senority, etc.

And finally, being from a European country just 5-8 hours away changes the game in comparison to those from N/S America and the Pacific islands. So it really is a perspective type of deal. A pilot from Zim., is going to have a different perspective of EK than if one is from the US. It really is apples and oranges.

So from my perspective, AC you're wrong in calling the EK pilots spineless and p*****s and I think you other guys are wrong in the love or leave it mentality and saying we have an industry leading deal. I'm the only one who is correct, in my perspective of course.