PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No cats and flaps ...... back to F35B?
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2012, 19:51
glojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I enjoy the (sometimes) informed debate it is rather moot arguing B vs C for UK now. Unless the B is cancelled for some reason I don't see another change on the horizon.
Totally agree but will the USA one day look at its National Debt and decide they are in deep, deep do does? As Engines I believe has pointed out there are HUGE issues regarding the software for the 'B' and whilst I totally accept the US Marines have a VERY powerful lobby force, is it possible that they might become victims of military cutbacks? Do they have more fast jet capability than our own Air Force and if there needs to be drastic cutbacks then might Congress decide to get rid of so much duplication? If the '\b' gets binned then will it be acceptable for Cameron to shrug his shoulders and suggest this was an unforeseen situation and sadly the carriers will now have to be sold?

Everyone in the UK thought Harry Rednapp was a stone walled certainty for the England Manager's job, just like folks are saying the US Marines are untouchable, but with a National Debt heading towards $18 trillion and going up by $3.96 billion per day then surely one day the penny will drop and drastic decisions might have to be made?