PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay To Close Bases
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2012, 14:42
8driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally, if you sign every single person will know when you are PXing on the freighter. I know you think it is nice and comfy in the bunk but guess what, that is CA's discretion. I know for a FACT that almost every CA I've flown with and talked to in the last week has adamantly stated that if they have someone on board who signs, NO BUNK.
Figured that was coming. My quality of life is going to suffer either way. I understand the point is solidarity and to force a negotiation. I'm just trying to figure out what experience you've had here batman that leads you to believe the we'll either get the solidarity or the negotiation. I hope you're ready to go to the wall for people like me, because I'll be refusing just about every PT in Y class after a transpac sector without a hotel rest first. I'm not gonna beat myself up like that. Don't want to risk a DVT now, do I?

If your union MEC said you are going on strike, you go on strike or you scab. Easy choice.
Please don't reference ALPA. I was a member of that sorry organization for 15 years. My blind faith that they had my best interests at heart or knew what they were doing departed long before Duane "Worthless" took the helm. A lot of "gray areas" and promises that didn't pan out. "Just stick together and (fill in the blank).....". Uh-huh.

As you said, good luck to us all. Hopefully we achieve the desired result.