PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Media Coverage of Helicopter Accidents - Bias?
Old 18th May 2012, 11:35
NORTH ATLANTIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Media Coverage of Helicopter Accidents - Bias?

While I realize the majority of you are from or work on the other side of the pond I happen to work on the East coast of Canada where we had the misfortune of losing our friends and colleagues in the S92 MGB / TR Failure. Since that time the media has questioned the method of transportation used , the type of helicopter, the crews decision making, and it has even gone into survival suits and HUEBA. If a helicopter turns around for a door light the cameras are rolling.
Before I get too off topic my original point was this; How can an EC 225 (the safest helicopter available for offshore transport according to the arm chair experts .... some politicians included) ditch in the North Sea with a MGB pressure problem, 14 people survive the ordeal and not even get mentioned in the local or national news?
I'm no media expert but I find it rather strange that no reporter from this side of the pond has picked up on this?
What about the offshore petrouleum board? What about the unions?

Nine days and counting.......