PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion: thread Mk 2
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2012, 11:19
handysnaks
Tightgit

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Whitehead06, you seem somewhat vexed!

So don't try and kid those that know a bit about it, that it will. Or is your indentity really a cover for Theresa May?
My identity is carefully hidden in that moniker I use. It's a code that only the very clever can break !

If someone in authority has the **lls to stand up and say. " OK -Sorry guys, we appreciate that this is a sorry reflection of what we had before, but it is all we can afford now." Then I guess we would have to accept it, but I for one will never accept this "Smoke & Mirrors" act.
I am not in a position of authority within NPAS, however I have worked out all by myself that as well as the rest of the public sector, the police service is undergoing a significant cut in its operating budget. I haven't really needed anyone in authority to tell me that air support was going to be affected. I worked that out for myself. My own view is that in the short term, there will be more police helicopters available in two years time than there would have been were NPAS not happening. Remember, that is a view. I can't prove it, I have no facts to back it up, it is just my hypothesis based on the cuts my own force has imposed in the last few years and then extrapolating those cuts to other smaller forces!