PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Sukhoi superjet 100 is missing
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2012, 10:46
henra

Received 106 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by ATC Watcher
henra

Yes and not only one , there are all the technical failures possibilities , the human interferences ones , etc..
That is why it is better to wait for the CVR that will give some clues ( or perhaps not)
How confident are we that the CVR or FDR results will ever be published ?

Besides that I was rather looking for scenarios not so much individual influencing factors like which instrument did show what. There will be lots of nitty gritty things having contributed to the accident, but I'm rather trying to think about probable overall scenarios.
Yes, someone entering the cockpit distracting the crew is a very plausible contributing factor.
Technical Issues: probably much less likely apart from things like T2CAS bing inactive or some such.

The overriding question remains: What made them be there in the first place and made them not initiate a max climb immediately after entering the canyon?
Didn't they see it at all?
Didn't they identify it as a canyon and taking it for the outside flange of that mountain range ?
Did they see it and think they could fly through it?
Did they fly through it deliberately and knowingly, just barely missing the side exit e.g. due to reduced visibility?

I hope my intention is clearer now?!