PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Europort Express
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2012, 10:11
pug

Received 118 Likes on 65 Posts
A response from someone behind it, on another forum. It goes some way to answer some of our concerns.

Good morning,

First I'd like to start out by saying how great it is to see online communities dedicated to the success and development of regional airports like Humberside. We have *no* idea where the all of a sudden interest came form over the last 24 hours, but it had to come at some point. I'd like to take a few minutes here to respond to some of your comments, just to avoid situations relating to misinterpreted information.

"their route map has a number located very close to HUY, though frustratingly it isn't decoded. It must be us or DSA though"
- It is indeed to be HUY. HUY will be one of the first routes to be available.

"It looks like it is planned to primarily serve the shipping business judging by most of the destinations, and the name. There are strong links between the Humber and Rotterdam (though is that already catered for by KLM?).. This does however just appear to be a concept at present and will only fully believe it when I see them on the tarmac.

Good to see something interesting all the same."
- This is indeed the case. We are aware of the existing demand routing via AMS, we want to bring them straight to Rotterdam. This IS targeted at the modern day business traveller, but should also prove to be a route of interest during holiday periods for the leisure traveller.

"I dont like the sound of flat fares, weve heard it all before."
- Flat fares are proposed for "Same route, same date" - it is not a matter of every flight to/from HUY will be fixed at £X. The pricing will be fixed for a set flight number on a set date. This is however, subject to change. We hope we can continue with this policy, but we need to ensure we are able to react to market conditions effectively.

"From what we know so far.

2 aircraft, 9 routes.. Either low frequency or w patterns, or perhaps with the intention to sell through tickets? I.e RTM-HUY-DUB.

Flat fares, with fares on the screenshots quoted as €29.99, so would surely need to be bigger than a J41. More something like a Dash 8-400.. It also looks like they want to set up some kind of credit system. Perhaps hoping that companies will effectively block book set seats per month for regular travel?"

-Two aircraft will initially be in operation, but not all eight routes will be available instantly. You can initially expect a minimum of two rotations per day (with three on some days) to HUY. "€29.99" is merely a placeholder price put on to our website design by the design agency which was contracted to create it.

If you have questions or concerns, there's a contact e-mail on our website at the moment. You can also follow us on Facebook + Twitter to keep in the loop.

-Meilina

Last edited by pug; 18th May 2012 at 12:50.