PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion: thread Mk 2
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2012, 08:36
Wagging Finger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TC
there isn't a firewall between their constabulary and NPAS regarding aviation responsibilities
Now theres an assumption, were on new ground here, it's pointless quoting what has happened previously with PAOC's they will soon be dead and gone.

As regards empire building, are you seriously proposing that WYP should take on NPAS and the responsibility that goes with it and then drop some of the cost on their own ratepayers?

I'm sure Joe Public in Leeds will be happy to know that their rates are supplimenting Policing operations in Exeter or anywhere else that isn't West Yorkshire for that matter.

I'm sure that this thing WILL cost money and that any savings will be in the future and not today. Implementation of most of the Winsor provisions will not save money today, but will in the future. Rightly or wrongly the Police are bearing the brunt of the CSR it seems that all NPAS is going to do is streamline things in the future, what it will do and here is the rub, is remove all responsibility and decision making from individual units.

It's not orange but it is the future.

Last edited by Wagging Finger; 18th May 2012 at 08:36.