PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion: thread Mk 2
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2012, 08:12
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Waggers: Currently, who is the PAOC licence holder for every single police operator in the UK>?
Assuming Yorks plan to adopt the AOC and there isn't a firewall between their constabulary and NPAS regarding aviation responsibilities, it will, by default, be the CC. He/she cannot tell someone in their organisation to 'hold an AOC'. They are not allowed to delegate this responsibility i.a.w. CAA regs.

The gist of the argument here is not that W Yorks can or cannot do their job properly (as far as I can see), it's about SAVING MONEY.
Now if W Yorks wish to "build an empire" to get the job done and deposit the bill with NPAS in so doing.....isn't that defeating the whole argument?

At the pointy end, NPAS are trying to claw back money and at the blunt end, it's all (and possibly more over the years) being hoovered up by the back office @ W Yorks???

I re-iterate: this process is unstoppable, without question. BUT it will leech money and over the years any savings will be completely consumed by the bigger machine running it. Mark my words.