PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay To Close Bases
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2012, 06:28
jacobus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

And beautifully put if I may so, and therein the nub of the matter: your meat is another man's poison. If you take the HKG case the issue is the amount of px'ing prior to operating. I do no less than 3 HKG-DAC-HAN etc this month which are 14 hour days and my credit hours for all that effort are 43 ! So this needs to be resolved. Px'ing is a necessary evil to an extent on the freighter operation. Sadly, as in so many other things, the company just take the piss, and will not stop until threatened with legal action. Wasn't required when I first joined as we were a small operation in a Crown Colony and things were settled over a quiet beer by the AOA President in the police mess over the road. We have outgrown that; sadly, however,the CX mindset has not
I have every sympathy with your situation howeverr a negotiated decent settlement is the only way to go... And watching paint dry is excruciating !!
The company will attempt the usual divide and conquer tactics as usual; save our Canuck and Oz colleague who cannot have anything forced on them.