PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some Good News ?
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2012, 04:26
Anthill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaking of raw nerves Mr Slice...

If I understand the question correctly (those what ?) then...ahhh...yes
it is. As Lookleft points out, that period was, how shall we say, special. So
no, I am not
...is incomprehensible waffle.

The fact is, Slice, is that you have repeatedly chosen to offend me in this forum in two ways: First, by saying that I joined Ansett at 'an inconvenient time'. I have told you several times that I applied, was interviewed and subsequently employed at a time when the dispute was OVER, This is a fact that you should just accept. Your persistant failure to accept this is irrational. And offensive.

Secondly, your continued assertion that my opposition to datal seniority is based on some manifest personal greed is also irrational. If I say that I think DS is a form of labour market regulation that skews the supply side of the equasion in favour of employers, it is because I mean it. I have asserted several times that I think that the pilot group as a whole would benefit from ditching DS. Many have agreed with me. Many others disagreed and brought up some valid concerns. That is the basis of a rational debate. Several, such as yourself say that I am against DS for reasons of pure self-interest.

The reality is that you have no means to determine what goes on in my head other than what I write, do you? You only imagine that I am motivated by self-interest, don't you. So, here again, your
"lookin' out for No. 1
is also way out of line. Aside from being out of line, it is also irrational and based on pure conjecture. And offensive.

So no, I am not

Quote:
...to suggest that it is entirely possible that you were taking ambit advantage
of the industrial situation at the time.

Yes you are. Appologise immediately!

If you want details on what would define merit, then why not ask nicely?

My post:

The application of datal seniority is full of holes anyway. Witness the number of companies that say they promote datally, yet find loopholes or massage the system to promote who they want. A proper 'merit' based system would have a promotions committee with representation from the C&T system and unions and even a rank and file nominated observer as well as management. This would ensure fairness and transparency
and I'll say it again:

When you challege the sacred cow of seniority, you invite all sorts of accusations from being a 'queue jumper' to $c@b. Have you not heard,that those who use some common sense approach to promotion are howled down as being down there with the kiddy fiddlers?
Obviously...

Slice, your behaviour towards me has been continually irrational and offensive. Whatever your problem is , get over it.

Last edited by Anthill; 18th May 2012 at 04:55.