PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Europort Express
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2012, 00:26
Cyrano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pug
I know what you mean, we have heard it all before with these new start ups.

What we know is they want to serve 10 routes initially, with two regional aircraft, at a flat fare of €29.99.. I would like to know who is backing this and if they have any credibility, but we will have to wait until mid June by the looks of it.
I didn't see that info on the website - it's very interesting and utterly insane. Two reasons: first, with two aircraft they'll manage a maximum of eight round trips per day on average, so 40 Mon-Fri. Ten destinations means less than once-daily service to each, and that's just not attractive for business passengers who can choose from multiple daily flights to/from AMS. And second, if I am a business passenger who needs to go to the Netherlands for a meeting tomorrow, I'll easily be prepared to pay a couple of hundred euros (likely a lot more). To sell me a ticket at €29.99 one way is not smart, it's just leaving money on the table. Google "consumer surplus" for more on this.

Sorry, but this will not work like this. Either it will never take off or it will rapidly modify its pricing and/or network.