PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R22 Total Electrical Failure (Anybody else see this ever?)
Old 18th May 2012, 00:17
NewHeliCFII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Hold your horses people.

I understand the concept of following easy-access highways and forced landing areas. I was trying to compete with experienced ferry pilots by analyzing live, ::INTERLOLATED:: (go ahead and look up the word interpolated--i'll wait)...surface winds and winds aloft. I was flying straight lines at optimal altitudes. I had no interest in following highways. I was interested in delivering the ******* aircraft. And I don't know why old school heli pilots pussy out of altitudes over 4500 feet. I hit 10k feet with my student and drooped the RPM just to show him that it's not a big deal. I did explain that a throttle chop at that altitude would result in rotor stall at one second due to high pitch and ****ty engine performance. Maybe a stalled main rotor is recoverable if you respond perfectly and flare the **** out of it, but no pilot will put that to the test. Think of 90% as your hard-deck and 80% as death.

I thank everybody who praised or chastised me, gave me constructive criticism and to the people who don't know what they are talking about or hold childish grudges personal attack deleted...to those people: look directly at my elite education and suck it.

Maybe those net-jets pilots I met were right. Maybe I should get out of aviation while I still can. Apparently 50% of you are assholes, 40% are incompetent, and the last 10% are expensive to hire away.

Whatever. I'm going to knock the GMAT out of the park and go to Harvard business school. HBS. Might as well own the aircraft.

Personal attack deleted

I regret posting on this forum.

Personal attack deleted

We, too, regret you posting on our Forum. You were offered support and advice to which you have chosen to insult others.

For a <400 hour pilot you have a great deal to learn, and I despair for your future as a pilot after openly denigrating your fellow helicopter pilots in a public forum.

As for your personal attacks: you signed up to Terms and Conditions which seem to mean as much to you as the POH and limitations of your aircraft.

Bye

Senior Pilot