PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Wings - ''Flybe Wings'' pilot course
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2012, 23:40
Lord Spandex Masher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shane C
[B]...it's just a frustrating situation to be in when you know that you have what it takes but the selection team doesn't.

I'm gutted to be honest as I felt my application was spot on and I had everything they wanted

The rest I think I'll sail through to be honest.

Wow really?! Now that's what I mean, how can a highly skilled FTO that put considerable risk in to their students and vice versa, take someone who doesn't seem to fit the bill. Fair play to that chap, I hope he got through but surely, like we all would agree, if I was an assessor I would take someone like us and not someone with no idea or experience.
Now I don't know you from Adam, obviously. But your quotes above have an air of egotism and superiority about them, or arrogance as one may describe it.

Maybe, just maybe, that particular trait has revealed itself in your application.

take someone who doesn't seem to fit the bill.
Maybe, again, in this case that is exactly what they didn't do!

if I was an assessor I would take someone like us and not someone with no idea or experience.
Just because you may have an idea and or (limited) experience wont necessarily mean that:

A) The other guy with no idea can not be trained!
B) You can be trained any better than that guy,
C) We would want to sit next to you for an entire day!

There was a trend in Flybe, before I left, of young, arrogant, whizz(!) kids appearing on the line. They were the bee's knees, couldn't put a foot wrong, were always right, etc, etc, blah, or so they though.

Maybe Flybe realised this and have attempted to right a wrong. Either way, unlucky, you have my condolences because this is one of the best jobs going.