PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hearing problems and flying the S92
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2012, 21:11
ILOVESMURFS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bonjour Rotor124,

First let me say that English is not my first language. Many friends say I barely can speak it. So wordalogy may be lacking. Beer with me.

I am a fairly new pilot who has just been told that there may be a chance i can fly some S&R very soon but you have now made me Wonder as you are one of the first i have read about that is not flying the new Sikorsky model now.

So, to help in my choice is it able to get some more détails from you and a number of issues. A little history first, if possible you can answer, thèse will aid me in my choice to carry out a career in S&R in the S92.

How long have you be flying in cockpit?
Hours total and years?
Have you flown loud helo’s before….I once saw a 214ST and thought that was 2 as loud as the model of yours?
Did you have a exteinsive carreer that gave early damage? Some of thèse vertical rep giuys spend 10 hours a day oustide.

Relating to your currrent position…. If damage was done in two years you guys must fly hard. How many mission a day? How many hours with that big S&R door open? Do you do multiple missions daily? Is hover time long? Average hours in a month / week? Is there a notoceable increase with S&R door open rather closed?

I hope you may aid in my quieries as I would not want to loose my Herring! I wish you many joyful days ahead.
Are others in your S&R coleques reporting same.

ILS – I Love Smurfs!