PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wakatipu Aero Club (Queenstown NZ) - PPL
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2012, 15:29
blacklabel92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Three Blader - Cheers for the response! I've checked out the website you kindly provided but the problem is they've only got a full time course (PPL) available from July onwards as I missed the previous entry - I wouldn't be able to complete the training at Mainland Air in time as I've got to head back to the motherland half-way through! It's unfortunate as they seem to have a relatively good reputation! A huge thanks for providing the website anyways!

CougarNZ - Thanks for the update for the Wanaka Airport based school, I've managed to organise a Skype-conversation with them in the next day so hopefully they can provide me with a few more details! now that you've mentioned it the landing costs at WAC seem somewhat inflated! Cheers for the heads up!

Ornis - I honestly don't think I'll regret my decision, at least I hope I wont! I've heard that Queenstown is simply stunning all year round! I guess the first glance at the PPL syllabus can be somewhat intimidating but you all say it's a complete breeze! Cheers for the response!

Flyinkiwi - Mountain flying in Queenstown! Believe me I know I can't waste an opportunity like that but if I don't go to WAC for PPL training then I'll definitely head there afterwards! I probably will end up going to WAC but I guess its always an advantage to weigh the options! Thanks for the reply!

Waren9 - Cheers for the reply, I'm not sure if this is true but I've heard the saying for NZ: 'If it's raining, you don't fly... If it's windy, you don't fly... and if it's sunny, it will get windy and it's going to rain soon so don't fly!'. I know for a fact this applies to the UK all year round but hopefully I'll have the opportunity to fly in fantastic weather down in Queenstown even if it's going to be blistering cold!

BurntheBlue - I guess it can't be that bad down at WAC! I heard the skiing is ridiculous at Queenstown, at least I'd have something to focus on if **** hits the fan! Cheers for the response!

Solowflyer - I'll take your word knowing that the PPL is ideally the same everywhere, I guess the exams can't be too hard or even worth stressing about! Cheers for the response!