PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some Good News ?
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2012, 11:29
Cravenmorehead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anthill obviously did join Ansett in 1989. Whether he deserves the hard times or not is debatable. I know,and are friends with plenty of people who joined in 89. I nearly did but could not make the interview because I was so bloody busy flying that I could not get to the inteview and eventually decided to stay out of it. I am glad I did now, in hindsight. Hey in 1983 all I had was a Datsun 180B and a really ****ty stereo and one Billy Joel tape, An Inoccent Man. I have flown jets and had a ton of fun. At present I have a great job working really hard overseas. I have met lots of people had great, times and in maybe 5 years-I hope- will leave it all and ride my bike with my chick around Asia and NZ. I am a millionaire now, and flown for 31 years, starting as soon as I left school. I never had a degree but wish I did and recommend it to any one interested in starting a career in aviation, if not for a more balanced view on life, and the maturity that uni eventually gives you. I have flown with FO,s, guys and girls, that have done degrees and those that have not and I must say that those that have the degrees are better more rounded pilots, then again I have met some real naturals who have no tertiary education. All I can say is go with the flow and take lots of photos, and meet and respect a good woman or man and when you do, do anything for them and keep e'm.
Craven

Craven