PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Sukhoi superjet 100 is missing
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2012, 08:35
Annex14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
post #316

Just checked for an update to come on Mr. Soejatmanīs site and found this link:
http://gerryairways.********.co.uk/2...deadly_17.html
The update shows some more detail that might be correct - probably as correct as the suggestion of mxgyvr81īs post # 316.
I have mentioned before that the ideas behind that post could be THE explanation, but must admit that Mr. Soejatmanīs theory of an innocent descend to an unsafe altitude might be correct as well. I am tending more towards the latter possibility.
The big question would be, wether or not it is possible to get over or along the eastern canyon walls in such an innocent turning descend. Checking on Google Maps -Terrain set up - and following the 2000 m line = 6000 ft. it appears possible. Probably creating a "first impact" position, such was reported earlier. Though it wasnīt confirmed yet by finding any parts or ground or tree marks, there are position pins visible on those early "rescue centre" pictures that show a crash site position on the eastern wall too ??
Another question in that context is the reported last Radar contact position. It is depicted as to be on the southern side of Mt. Salak - opposite to the canyon !! If this observation is correct - I mean correct observed and depicted at the right map position - it couldnīt be taken as a hint to the crash it self. It could be as simple as a Radar shadow created by the mountain.
If however that would be the case and mxgyvr81īs drawing of the assumed flight path are correct, the Radar signal should have been re-aquired again on the western and northern side of the mountain, to show the flight path circling the peak untill the crash. There is no hint or bit of information about such a re-aquired Radar track.
That leads me to the conclusion that the last Radar positon - by memory - was depicted at the wrong position and shows the last return prior impact, north of the highest peak of Mt. Salak at that infamous ridge, thus confirming Mr. Soejatmanīs theories.