PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turboprop to Jet
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2012, 07:01
shaun ryder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You forgot to tell us how seniority is king with your airline Ham Phisted, don't forget that one . Why don't you butt out and offer some serious advice to these guys instead of boasting on here?

I completely agree that these experienced airline pilots flying TP's are being shafted because of the current airline recruitment policies. There is a discussion running on the BALPA forums detailing this exact problem at the moment. As you would expect, "it doesn't happen in our airline" is mentioned on a few occasions, as is "I was a 200hr jet cadet"....

Try putting yourself in the shoes of one of these people, doing the same job as yourselves, the same responsibility as you, be it 777 or J31. Can you swallow that? They are paid a pittance and are being restricted from bettering their career because of the cosy relationships between the FTO's and airline bean counters. They are also sidelined by airlines recruiting non TR bods until the list of TR people are absorbed. Its not rocket science flying jets LH either. I know quite a few muppets out there doing this exact job for a particular slot snatching carrier based out of Heathrow, one even referring once to a certain dry dusty NE wind off the African coast as the Matalan, is that near the CTZI?. They NEVER flew TP's, twins or instructed, oooh... dirty words, please excuse me...!

Its time the boot was put in by someone and this farce stopped. The doors should be open to all who are qualified to do the job, not just because of a TR or an old school tie. Get some of the TP boys out there languishing in the doldrums in the right seat of a jet, you never know they might actually be quite good, what?

Last edited by shaun ryder; 17th May 2012 at 07:54.