PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Darling says "let there be marshals"
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2002, 13:49
Stallturn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

This is the most idiotic suggestion I've ever heard. Previously, I felt it was the restriction on jumpseats, but this takes first prize! I dont want to share an aircraft with a gunman, whoever pays his salary! There is NO ROOM for guns on passenger carrying aircraft (and no quips about standing room and spam cans please!) if this goes ahead, I could not continue as a citizen of this country, I think I'll depart for saner climes, leaveing by rail,ship or possibly symbolically flying myself out. Apart from the obvious danger to other pax etc. etc. who picks up the consequences of firing at an idiot with a toy gun at 30,000ft ? Who pays for the seat? It's bound to cost increased taxes/fares etc. to whose benefit? It will either encourage the opposition to get more modern, hideable weapons, spot the cop, and shoot him first, together with its consequnces, OR the opposition is already rolling on the floor laughing, and singing, 'We won!, We Won!' . And you know what? He'll be right, he will have won. He will have succedded in making our life so miserable and full of ani terror rules, he can retire early in the safe knowledge that the legacy of his work will continue beyond his miserable lifetime .