PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seniority is it time to get rid of it?
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2012, 01:13
Danfromaus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SonicJetBoy
I work for the labor hire company. Its alright for the most part. If your not aware, theres 3 groups in short Haul: QAL, QD, MAM. The base that Im in is mostly young and dynamic. It all depends who you work with. I have experienced 'seniors' (QAL and some QDs) treat me different because Im not 'senior' annd just a 'casual' and so have many of the people that I know-so my warning to you is that it will happen. Im pretty thick skinned and if someone gives me crap then I give it right back to them or as soon as they start talking crap about my work group Ill snap right back at them. My advice is to not let anyone talk down to you because your 'casual'. Youll prob be better at your job then they are! Depending on where your based will depend on the type of relationship you will have the QD staff. I say that because: In the base Im in theres a problem with rosters!! There are a handful of QD crew that arent so nice to MAM crew all based on rosters/trips-which is pretty petty. Oh and they and some of the QAL are under a false impression that we are paid more than them. Were not in the long run-What they all forget is that we arent paid ANY bandpayments-we get the same rate regardless of day or time. We dont get any paid sick/personal leave or Annual leave etc. Most people in short haul are really nice and friendly. From what the ex long haul crew have told me its a different type of culture in short haul-(so a few of the things that LHlisa talks about arent really seen that often in short haul).

Sure 80 odd% may have voted for seniority. But thats 80 odd% of FAAA members NOT Cabin Crew. The FAAA is tailored towards Full Time QAL staff with seniority hence why they have more members that are QAL seniority and as a result where %% came from. (Im a member and needed help/advive with something and nobody new the answer, if I was a QAL they would have) Im sure if ALL crew were surveyed it would be much lower.

cart_elevator
Come on seriously, evidence and some of your comments? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and shouldnt be rediculed by you!

I wonder how long it will be until someone files a lawsuit against for discrimination/bullying in the workplace