PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2012, 21:57
Danny42C

Thanks all round !

It never rains but it pours ! Again I must bundle my "thank-you's" into one Post.

Chugalug,

Got the Pilot's Notes from Avialog. The cover's normal, but the text inside looks as if it's been knocked off on an ancient typewriter on a Gestetner wax stencil (remember those? ) and a couple of dozen copies run off - there can't have been all that many tug pilots to need them - pity they didn't clean the typewriter keys to begin with.

But, as I surmised, they're for the A-35 - our Mk IV - which should really have had a new name, for they seem a lot different from the ones (A-31s) I remember, and so not much help to my memory. I think our Notes were in a quarto format from Vultee; they produced a publicity brochure of the same size with an artist's impression on the cover of a VV taking off from an aircraft carrier ! This caused a good deal of hilarity: we reckoned they might just about manage it with three carriers coupled end to end !

Hipper, Greetings,

Thanks for the suggestion, but for the reasons above I don't think I'll be buying any CD manuals for the A-35 just yet. But thank you just the same.

Ricardian, Neptunus Rex and Jason Burry,

Thanks for the support, and all the complimentary remarks. (All are welcome here, Ricardian). The more, the merrier ! Coincidentally, I retired in early '73, too. I'll keep plugging along here until somebody tells me to stop.

Goodnight to you all,

Danny42C