PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turboprop to Jet
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2012, 21:37
UAU242

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qatar and CTC

Thread was going a little off track, so thought I'd revive it instead of starting another.

Anyway, I'm also flying Turboprops and can't see any way up the ladder. The only hope I've gathered coming from this thread seemed to be to build the hours and move abroad to the ME, or if you are one of the lucky few to BA or Jet2.

Or is the better option to join CTC (if you can't beat em, join em) if you're still eligible???
Was reading pilot career news website recently. July 2011 - CTC to train Jetstar cadets. Oct 2011 - CTC selects and trains Royal Brunei cadets. This of course in addition to the likes of Easy, Monarch, BA etc. Now you have the CTC Flybe scheme. No problem one thinks, there's always the ME. May 2011 - Qatar Makes Future Supply Deal With CTC. So what now? A lot of hard work to build a couple of thousand hours experience and grab the last few opportunities, and there's a 150 hour topgun standing in the way again?

So the question in light of this is, is it now better to turn down a Turboprop job (or in my case refrain from having a type on my license) and join the CTC empire? (or at least attempt to)

Thanks for everyone's replies!