PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Basing? Decisions?
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2012, 21:17
Lima Juliet

Received 83 Likes on 34 Posts
Climbear

Sorry to drag this out but I'm still not getting it:

As I understand it (my comments in green):

Aircraft belong to Army (JHC) - So why do they have "Royal Air Force" logos on them? I believe they are RAF assets and are on loan (TACOM) to JHC

Costs of people (eg salaries and T&S) fall to Army (JHC) (for now). - Salaries no, but T&S will come from JHC budget

Land and buildings and cost of maintaining them fall to DIO - As is any MOD property - sadly!

All other costs (eg utilities, aviation fuel) fall to Army (JHC) - Fuel yes, but utilities is a no - eg. there is no way that JHC would pick up the bill for Oxford UAS for utilities at RAF Benson.

Full command of RAF personnel on the 2 stations fall to Air (1 Gp) (I believe that this may also include acting as higher authority for discipline). - agree

I guess the bottom line is who gives the 2 stn cdrs their TORs and writes their OJARs. - probably a 1 star in JHC as 1RO and AOC 1Gp as 2RO would be my guess?

Can anyone, from RAF Benson or RAF Odiham point us to some de facto info on the internet? Or are you just as confused as the rest of us?

LJ