PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gliding package for PPLs @ Ridgewell (Essex/Suffolk border)
Old 16th May 2012, 20:19
ProfChrisReed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Website details now available

Apologies for resurrecting this thread, but we've been mulling over our PPL package through the winter and, as we got three takers at the end of the season we thought we should offer it again this year, starting now.

Full details are at Essex Gliding Club. Special Offer for PPLs, but in summary we offer the following for any PPL/NPPL/CPL/ATPL (and whatever I've left out) who is interested in trying gliding:

1. A taster day, where we provide you 6 winch launches or 2 hours in the air (whichever happens first) so you can see if gliding is for you. This costs £120, and you're a member for a month if you want to fly again with us. We organise these on an individual basis, matching your availability with our instructors.

2. If you decide within that month that you want to join us, we'll credit that £120 against your flying at club rates. You might want our Fixed Price to Solo package which is a 50% discount for PPLs. Pricing details on the website.

As I mentioned earlier, this is not a revenue-raising exercise. We'd like a few new members who like flying - that's you lot!

Anyone who'd like to talk further, PM me.

[Edited to add: nddriver went solo in April - well done! All our present PPL members are solo glider pilots, so there's space for a few more in training.]

Last edited by ProfChrisReed; 16th May 2012 at 20:22.