PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Egnatia Aviation Greece
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2012, 16:05
Anunaki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what I understood,they haven't got a choice,stay in the Eurozone and face the measures or leave and face similar measures to get back to competitiveness, Drachma would devalue at least 30% and the country would struggle to reinstate confidence from investors. After all, they have failed dramatically to meet their promises to their people and their financial commitments to EU/investors,so who trusts a Greek politician?

Mate,I feel sorry for them but I can see why they are in that mess and you'll see when you go there(NOT EGNATIA) I meant the country,their productivity levels are low(at least up north) e.g the HCAA only opens in the morning(state job he?!)and they are very hard to reach as they can't be bothered to pick up the phone.There are other fields in Greece under the government umbrella that people get paid alright to do nothing,the old case of unfair distribution of wealth,people thinking they are "the great nation bla bla.." and end up milking the system not caring where the money comes from.You'll go to the beach and their beautiful girls well dressed,guys in nice cars etc,when they earn so little...We all had a share of spending recklessly but they are up to another level.But in fairness to them,Their high and political class are the culprits,quite ironic that the land of Democracy had little say when, for example, the minister of defence was buying defective Helicopters and Submarines at half price and declaring them as new,keeping the cash to himself,or when the Olympics in 2004 turned out to be a financial fiasco,and goes on...
This is not an attack on the Greeks, I like the place and the people but they had to face reality now,the EU is not after them,we are all struggling and who wrote the austerity measures they are facing was the government,Sarko and Merkel just agreed to what they had to pay back.
If it's going to affect the school?off course...how?I can't tell you exactly,but assume they would fix prices according to their new/old currency, if it happens like it happened when Argentina went bust,expect the prices to soar over there and a lot of civil unrest.I believe Egnatia is owned by a group of foreign and greek investors,I think they will be OK tho,but take it with a pinch of salt as I am not a insider nor a economist