PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2012, 15:50
Danny42C

Chugalug,

Thanks once more for all your help, and for the researches you're undertaking on my behalf ! - In particular for the offer to post further questions on YouTube (of which I know nowt). I don't, however, think that there is much chance of getting any more footage of VVs. Heaven knows how Vlad (The Impaler ?) got hold of what I think must have been private 8 or 16mm film shot by an IAF member. How did he get away with it ? Were the SPs asleep ? AFAIK, all private cameras were forbidden (for obvious security reasons) in war zones.

But I'll try Avialog as you suggest, I'd be quite interested in seeing RAF Pilot's Notes for the VV. I never knew they even existed - suppose they had to make some up for the target tugs in UK.

Had to look up the AW681 VTOL - that would really have been something, wouldn't it ! (when I saw my first Harrier perform, I thought: "I'm seeing this - but I still don't believe it !")

Strikes me your new second dickies must have been brave men, to entrust their lives to some sprog who'd just soloed himself. But we were young and foolish......

Revenons a nos moutons - more on following Post.

Danny.

JOE-FBS,

Thank you for the encouraging words - always welcome. But, while all feedback is appreciated, what I really need is another old timer (or, better still, more old timers) - For who will stand/At my right hand/And keep the Bridge with me? - I'm sure they're out there somewhere.

This Thread - any Thread - must not be a monologue. That is not what these Forums (yes, I know, Fora) are for. For the sake of Cliff's memory - and because I like the sound of my own voice - I can keep going for a long time yet (I hope !).

But it'll be on your own heads (present company excepted, of course !) if the Moderator rings down the curtain, and I wouldn't blame him,

Cheers,

Danny.

Last edited by Danny42C; 16th May 2012 at 15:59.