PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What 4 seater? 172SH vs PA28 warrior
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2012, 10:01
172driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In any case starting from the very first lesson every student of mine calculates the C of G at the actual takeoff weight (which obviously must be below MGTOW) and the actual endurance the fuel on board will give us at a training block fuel flow. The endurance time is then turned into a "must be on the ground time" (ie Bingo fuel time) that I expect my student to compare to the noted actual takeoff time.
BPF -

Ryan - with all due respect, I am with BPF and some others on here. Having to 'guess' you are overgross sheds a very, very poor light on the training establishment where you are leaning. If they don't teach you W&B what do they actually teach you? Flying safely is about a lot more than just manipulating the controls, that's the easy part. It's about planning, decision making, knowing the machine you fly and its limitations (!!) and - importantly - knowing where to look up info you may need. It would appear from your posts that the 'school' you are at teaches you none of the above. Scary....