PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mobile refueling on private airfields
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2012, 09:41
jas24zzk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see it as harmful that you let any muppet councillor copy your documents.
Once they get a copy, they will make it their business to chase you down when renewals etc are due. Perusal is permitted. Even stick em in a red folder marked something along the lines of Controlled Documents.

Councils are becoming more invasive upon our lives, and I have no faith whatsoever that any of these ladder climbers will hold your sensitive documents as Commercial In Confidence.

Another avenue of reply would be to list the items i.e :

Tanker Status:
Public Liability. Covered
Registration. Registered in the State of XXX, or Registration not required
Pump Condition. Safety test Current
Fire Suppression. Min req's exceeded, all equipment current on test.
etc
etc

I've found with these muppets, the less you say to them the better, but fill the response with a lot of fat and they will feel warm and fuzzy that you spent a lot of time and went out of your way to be helpfull. They'll forget that its minimum help.

You could also throw the the line back at them (keep an eye out for it) that said clown was observed using a tractor on his property with no visible Fire suppression on board, or no ROPES protection (LLAMA farmers love using old grey fergies...or any other cheap crap they can buy)

Maybe its about time council went and had a good look at his farm. Fight fire with fire maybe...send in worksafe inspectors....did he have his reflective vest on whilst operating the tractor. Was the sun out and he had no hat.

I kinda get a lil grumpy at this kind of muppetry.

Just have a look in melbourne. Darebin council (i think it's Darebin) are talking about quadrupling the rates for businesses like McDonalds on the grounds that it is unhealthy.

To echo something in todays papers letter section...
"Councils should get back to worrying about emptying bins and sweeping streets"

As for twats that buy then complain....the one at YCEM has to take the gold. He purchased a knoll next to the airfield, built his house and now complains about the aeroplane noise and actions. (he had one fly directly at his house during an emergency go-around, decided it was a deliberate action to intimidate him). The best part of this guys efforts are that as he owns the whole hill, he decided the best place for his home was on the airfield side. Then he went even further and orientated his multi-level glass faced open plan home so that it overlooks the airfield directly, because he liked the view did i call this guy a muppet or a clown?