PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 15th May 2012, 23:34
Iver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check out 787 simulator at Gatwick

EmbraerFOBMI,

Sounds like the Qatar 787 simulator has been used lately if you read some of the other posts. Evidently it is somewhat random which sim is used - probably dependent upon use of the other sims at the time.

Others on this forum have described the procedures used during the sim. I would look for those details in posts specific to the sim ride. That said, if you do get the 787 sim during your interview, perhaps it will look something like this one at Gatwick (nice view of the HUD on takeoff):

And yes, I'd be quite happy if I were assigned the 787! That said, not sure if newhires will even be given the option for the next few months. Seems a bit random. I assume internals will get the first open slots but you never know. With 60 787s coming over the next 4 years, I am sure suitable newhires with the requisite experience (probably widebody experience - who knows...) will get assigned the 787 at some point down the line. Given the recent delay in the arrival of the 787 to August, who knows how that will impact fleet assignments...

Good luck in your interview and sim!

Last edited by Iver; 15th May 2012 at 23:44.