PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook pilot v RAF Movers
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2012, 21:55
ENFP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well firstly I can't understand how so many movers can have reviewed this book. I have seen it and there are no pictures in it to colour in at all and no stickers to put in the book either.

I had just completed a short det in NI in the early 90's and was going to fly back to Germany via Herc. The Herc duly arrives at Aldergrove and I am in flying kit, carrying a big bergen and have my own personal weapons with me, 9mm and SA80. Stood at security is a mover and a plod, i approach they tell me to put my bergen through the x-ray..sure says I. They then made me take my aircrew knife off and put it through the machine, then as I was going to walk through the plod says 'weapons Sir!'! ....sorry says I...'put your weapons through Sir'.....but they are guns, they are weapons, what are you going to see on the x-ray machine??? You use the machine to see if people are hiding weapons, I am holding mine in front of you. Plod looks at Mover who returns an equally vacant stare and says 'procedures Sir, all carry on items must go through the X-ray machine. It kept me giggling all the way back to Gut and in fact even now.

And another thing, in the late 80's early 90's the movers had a massive scam going on shipping in beer, liqueur and cigs from Germany to Aldergrove. It was huge and obvious., with a minimum of one pallet on every flight!

Last edited by ENFP; 15th May 2012 at 21:56.