PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Olympics Airspace e-petition
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2012, 19:00
DennisK

Location: Kings Caple, Ross-on-Wye.orPiccots End. Hertfordshire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Space

I've signed the petition to help my industry buddies.

But what worries me is that at some stage, I get a dig in the ribs ... he's holding a 44 S&W short and handing me a phone. "Want to chat to your wife/kids -we're holding them while we go flying." I'm doing as I'm told. "We know you have access to an MD 500. So I'd like you to fly me to London and we'll be picking up a little package or possibly a big one on the way." I calculate the flight time to his target is around twelve minutes.

Having picked up the heli and the man's cargo, (Ricin, Semtex or worse perhaps?) I'm told to head for the Stadium and so I don't get shot down by either a ground to air or a Typhoon, I fly roof top height all the way mostly via Buck House, Parliament, MI5 etc. I'm also wondering what will happen to a guided missile that misses me and just how many it will take out when it makes contact with the ground. (or I do first!) I also didn't have time to file the flight! I'm guessing that half a dozen other pilots are being forced to do something similar right now.

Its too late now, but I would have mandated ALL non-military light fixed wing and helis to be repositioned from their private sites to designated airfields for the period. Then NOTHING moves without an airside personal clearance from security. There's got to be a better way!

Safe flying to all. DRK