PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Pilot selection help
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2012, 11:44
Kirkoss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RAAF Pilot selection help

Hey Guys and Girls.

I'm obviously new here as this is my first post. I came across this website after seeking help on possible opinions and general help on what could make me stand out when applying for the RAAF as a pilot next year.

First of all, I'm currently in Year 12. I'm doing level 2 maths, level 3 Geography, level 3 AIT (Applied Information Technoogy, aka Computing), level 1 Religion (compulsory) and a study period in the library.

I would like some help regarding on what I could improve on. Because I am not doing the required, or preferred, level 3 maths and level 3 physics, Ive decided to do a level 3 maths bridging and level 3 physics bridging course after my current Year 12. At the same time as doing the bridging course I was thinking of getting a job, doing some local or community volunteering work while also possibly going gliding or flying etc.

I do, (as does everyone else these days), want to fly fast jets, preferably since I'll be applying in a few years the F-35A will be the aircraft of choice. I do not mind about how long it will take for me to get into that cockpit, the hard work I have to put in and the sacrifices I'll have to make, but that is my main goal. As you will probably mention the competition is high and I have a possibility of being disappointed, but that is why I came here to ask for advice and tips on what I could do to make myself a good applicant.

Sorry for the wall of text, I would just like to get specific and direct answers. (I have spoken to defence recruiting, but i believe that talking to current and or past pilots in all Air Forces would be a bit better).

To sum it all up I was curious or not whether this would be a good start to show my motivation and enthusiasm to get into the RAAF?

Thanks to all and sorry again for the wall of text.