PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Forces Pension Increase April 2012
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2012, 09:27
mlc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just for accuracy. Police pension will be rising to 14.2% of gross wage. Officers will now have to work till 60 (which will be fun fighting with 18 year old feral chavs). From 2015 the old pension scheme is being closed and a vastly inferior one put in it's place. Significantly more years,paying significantly more money for far, far less.

Surprisingly and despite what Cameron and the Daily Mail state, they do not retire at 23years old with a £500'000 payout.

I wish I'd stayed in the mob. I'd have completed my 22 years and be living very nicely thank you. As it is, my pay, terms of service, length of service have all been decimated by a Prime Minister who has every intention of privatising every aspect of the Police he can. That nice man Tom Winsor, who has recommended this privatisiation, just happens to be a partner in a law firm that advises G4S on bidding for.....privatised Police work.

Cameron wants to reduce Police numbers from 135'000 to 80'000. He treats his protection officers with complete contempt. I have voted Conservative at every election since I was 18. Never, ever again. In fact, I can't see anybody that doesn't have the aim of ensuring Politicians trough remains full at the expense of everyone else.