PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2012, 08:23
finestkind

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
DBTW

I guess most of its been said for me but. There is no self justification or any other rubbish. What is being offered to you is the reason ACG is struggling to qual its 12 odd knucks a year. We do not want warriors anymore cause they are the people who will get pissed in the back bar and poke you in the chest, as their CO, and tell you how they would run the squadron. They are the people that dance on table tops and take life on in an aggressive fashion, full throttle in after burner , as we all were in my time (as such I was told by my PT 3 that I was not suitable candidate for FJ’s, a long time ago, who happened to be a bloody Admino. Another reason it’s all gone to pot). And guess what ? that is not the type that is wanted anymore. What is wanted is a gentleman officer who know their place and did not step out of line. Please do not continue to embarrass yourself by displaying your sheltered fast jet life. It’s not lack of confidence or belief in gen Z its hard facts. A generation that has been pampered/cotton wooled through school were no-one fails, a generation that wants it now, without the effort. Great, you continue with your belief in the new Gen’s and their capabilities and I am more than happy to be proven wrong but back it up with facts. Pilots course is still hard work but it’s not like it was. Do that again blogs and your scrubbed. We no longer have that negative reinforcement (that worked pretty well). BFTS, 2FTS is a lot kinder when telling someone they are a cripple. CFS is no longer 3FTS. Perhaps that’s your answer the training system has changed to move with the times, has the fast jet world? Very few if any in my time would have knocked back a FJ slot so in that aspect don’t belittle the ones that didn’t get it. Secondly if anyone can be turned off FJ by a bit of talk then they are the wrong stuff, which just lends credibility to what I/we are saying about the new gen. As such it maybe thread drift but its relevant.