PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Decorum with EK posts
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2012, 08:15
jack schidt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I don't stand for why anyone would say we get an awful deal/shafting and then gladly continue to work for the company even though they post on here about how bad it all is when they have a choice, like it or lump it. Surely an educated person would not hang around here if they knew the grass was greener elsewhere! I was recently out of the country for a while and I tell you, when away you can see the crazy austerity in the Eurozone and America blindly holding up hope of a sound future with continued debt to fund growth.

If you really want my opinion, not all at EK are bitter, they pay for my Kids to be educated, they give me a nice house for no rent and all amenities paid for, as well as a chauffeur to take me to work. I have received several years of nice bonus when other company's are laying people off and my salary is pretty good on the global pilot stage.

However, like the majority I am bitter there is a 15bill cash pot and work has become ever harder over the years. When I balance the pro's and con's I still am not ready to take that free ticket and jump on the bird of freedom!

Should any of you feel that your package is below what you think is acceptable, then please DO make that decision to PUT UP OR SHUT UP, or even GO UP on that flight home or to wherever.

1 year of no bonus and some people act and cry like children, contract or not, you got your 3% which is a bonus as some company's have been on a pay freeze for 8 years and a bonus has never been on the table. Realise what you have and stop the greed, if you feel you are having a hard time living on an EK drivers salary you need medical help!

And by the way, I don't post on or even drink happy juice, some people here post with such anger that I feel they have an emotional or personal problem elsewhere!

Back to the theme of the original post, discuss issues but threats made behind a hidden name is as brave as shooting someone in the back when they are helpless and defenceless. Immaturity and slander here could see EK threads heading the way of Etihad threads and that would be a shame for the more intellectually mature posters here.

I shall say no more........

Last edited by jack schidt; 15th May 2012 at 08:20.