PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Globalisation debt & banking
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2012, 08:01
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arnold, I learnt a lot about teachers and schools when, with no state school close, myself and five other TAA pilots, a couple of Flight Engineers, a couple of business men, the Mayor, and two religious, one Anglican and one Catholic started a non denominational school at Mount Macedon in Vic. It is known as Braemar College, we started with 26 kids, it now has 800. My job was to interview the teacher applicants. For one who had only ever been a pilot, it was a steep learning curve, especially when it came to the Teachers Union. It is without doubt the most left wing union in the country, and I felt it was like dealing with Stalin. Their union arrived on our doorstep, uninvited, and proceeded to make it plain how we would run the school, and you can imagine the above gentlemen standing around wondering what we had got ourselves into. We politely evicted them, and made the decision they would play no part in the school. My point is, regardless of your daughters political beliefs, if she is teaching at a private school, she will keep them to herself, if you are teaching at a public school, that should also be the case, but it has been reported by many parents that politics are being introduced when the parents do not want it. My grandaughter is a perfect example.