PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Globalisation debt & banking
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2012, 04:34
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If state schools get it so good why don't you send your kids to one and stop wingeing?

Typical elitist attitude to brag about how much you earn and hence how much tax you pay and just call anybody that disagrees with you a communist.

I bet you're one of those w@nkers that has your kid's private school on a bumper sticker.
You talking to me or FlareHighLandLong ?

If it was me, well no I do not have any school stickers on my car, never have.

No elitist attitude here, I started life with nothing, parents busted their arses and mum today is working at 72. Not because she has the trappings of wealth, the pension does not cut it.

Every dollar I have I have earned, not ripped off in some phoney dodgy scheme, its been 25 years of slog so far. And when the taxes I pay, are squandered, and I get taxed more and never get the kickbacks I get a little tired of the idea. by the way, when our kids were little and for a few years Mrs Jaba stayed at home, we could have chased Centrelink for something, not sure what, but it was always way too hard and not worth the trouble, so we just paid our own way with everything.

Now I have a chance to stash some super away, they go change the rules so the max is $25K at the discounted tax rate, maybe I am just unlucky. But it certainly seems like the carrot and the stick game, where the stick grows faster than the carrot!

So I am not sure who called you a communist, but with comments like that you start sounding like one. Please party politics aside, when you see a co-worker, bludging half the time, not putting in the effort, not trying hard to save fuel on sectors or whatever it is you do, and you both get paid the same amount per week, and then a creamie overtime gig comes along and he gets it....how do you feel? Ripped off?

Now back to schools, many but not all state schools are good schools, however as a parent if I have a problem with the schooling, or anything, the head of the school is always available (within reason) and I really do have a say. Not so in the state system. I pay a premium to have some extra sport, study and so on facilities, and extra benefits that sometimes you can't put a value on in dollar terms. That is my choice. Economy ticket or Premium economy?

Did anyone actually notice the highlighted part of my earlier post, the federal government funding is not the only source, state governments provide funding. The whole picture needs viewing not selective bits.

Lets look at the total cost to Governments shall we, and stop the cherry picked stuff JetA.
The average cost for government to educate a student in a government school was $14,380 compared to just $7,427 for each student attending a non-government school (2009/2010 figures).

Last edited by Jabawocky; 15th May 2012 at 04:38.