PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gillards Carbon Tax and effect on Aviation fuel
Old 15th May 2012, 00:14
baswell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You think they didn't implement the internet filter is a bad thing?

Also: you can make a board like that for every government. Anyone who believes any government can control how much we pay for housing is a fool, for instance. And the other guys make plenty of promises along the lines of "making things more affordable" when they have no power to do so. We are a market economy, after all.

They know this, but they make these promises to attract voters because the average Australian is as dumb as the average world citizens and just feels warm a cosy when told things they want to hear. Like:we'll lower your interest rates, make your commercially provided childcare more affordable, global warming is a myth and "I will stop the boats." All lies, but they sounds so appealing...

The underlying economy here is almost dead. It is stuffed, the worst many have seen in 30 years.
5% unemployment (half that of the US), inflation half what it was 10 years ago and interest rates almost half compared to 4 years ago and at a level indicative of a healthy economy. Not to mention company bankruptcies being down every quarter for the past year and a half. (as far as back I bothered to look.)

I just don't understand where you get the idea the economy is dead in the water.

So, we have the Murdoch News Network telling me we are all stuffed (contrary to the facts) and their saviour is promising sweeping changes to fix it, while being shy on details. I don't see what good could come of that.

I am voting for the one that goes: "if it ain't broken, don't fix it."

Political leaning is irrelevant, facts and common sense are.

Last edited by baswell; 15th May 2012 at 00:15.