PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Wings - ''Flybe Wings'' pilot course
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2012, 23:50
Shane C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stonebaked - Thanks for your kind words. Yes I will not give up, I'll keep at it but it's just a frustrating situation to be in when you know that you have what it takes but the selection team doesn't. I just do not agree with not having feedback but that's the way it is

My next port of call is the CTC Cadet programme and if that fails, then I will try CTC's iCP modular programme and even if that falls through, I will have to go the modular route with another FTO. PAT springs to mind. I have seen the manager at PAT already. Ever such a nice lady who runs PAT with her husband and have a high success rate amongst students who study there but, it's a harder way to get a flying job hence why I really would prefer the integrated route as you're more likey to get a flying job a bit quicker.

It just doesn't make sense to me that if a particular candidate has the right qualities, credentials and the right sort of qualifications...get's rejected to someone who doesn't seem right?!

BerksFlyer - Thanks for your kind words too.

Wow really?! Now that's what I mean, how can a highly skilled FTO that put considerable risk in to their students and vice versa, take someone who doesn't seem to fit the bill. Fair play to that chap, I hope he got through but surely, like we all would agree, if I was an assessor I would take someone like us and not someone with no idea or experience. Just doesn't make any sense to me!!

I have no idea but if that really is the case that these FTO's who use assessor's and are not genuine people in the avation world and they use people like you've said, then that's silly in my view because they have relatively no idea and we get penalised for it.

Last edited by Shane C; 14th May 2012 at 23:54.