PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Decorum with EK posts
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2012, 20:02
Bindair Dundat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jack,

Well done, that was the most verbose and flowery "if you don't like it, leave" post that I have ever seen.
As much as you have a point and it makes good sense to use some decorum on these sites, why do you think things get so heated on here in the first place? Because no one else is listening and there is no where else to go?
I don't think it is coincidence that the Middle Eastern and Asian forums are the most widely visited and posted on. Management at all these airlines don't give a rat's about any of their expat pilots. You are simply a very expensive and required annoyance to them.
The fact that Etihad silenced the troops on this forum is beyond a disgrace and I sincerely doubt it has helped moral at all. It has just made people more afraid. But that was their goal anyway, and it worked didn't it? For now...until silencing people becomes a complete detriment to them. But it's okay for now. If you live in the Middle East for an extended period, you either have a straw day and see the light and get out or you believe you have no more choices and turn a blind eye to all that irks you. I suspect that if people did not have somewhere to vent, their heads might explode...god forbid that happens in the cockpit.