PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SWOs
Thread: SWOs
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2012, 12:42
jamesman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remeber as a young (ish) Pilot Officer, my first real posting was at RAF Laarbruch, not long after arriving, I managed to acquire a station bike (the type with wheels!). Proudly bimbling around the stn on a daily basis doing what good Pilot Officers did (best rank in the Air Force, as you didn't really do anything except look sheepish every time you opened your mouht!) always on my big A framed bike, cycling along hands in pockets, whistling. All of a sudden the SWO jumnpeed out from bushes (doing what I have no idea) and give me a sound bo**ocking for not riding a bicylce in an 'Officer like fashion'! It was worse than being in front of the headmaster at school!
Also remeber the SWO who was at HW in early nineties who had a little square bit of grey/sandy hair on the back of his head just above the collar, one day all the boys (with balls) came through gate, where he paraded evry morning, with a small square of masking tape on the back of their head......impressed, sadly not as manny found out that day!!

Hope the SWO stays and never dies!

Jamesman