PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 14th May 2012, 10:35
FLIGHTDECKMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good afternoon,

The information I shared with you is based on inside source I have from some contacts. When I mentioned the word "patience" I know that it is the only appropriate word for this airline. QATAR will be one of the largest airlines in the world within the next couple of years following the unbelievable development of the country which in turn will expand the airline to incredible numbers of aircraft.
All the future orders were made according to a careful plan and following this massive country development and the need for mainly use it as a very big international hub. Many of you are wondering why does it take so so so long for them to actually reply. Believe me they do have many delays in training their pilots at the moment ( a number of around 200-250 pilots were put on hold) because of lack of training facilities. They are signing contracts with different TRTOS to overcome this big training problems and then being able to proceed with their future plans. My suggestion to many of you who received the successful e mail is to take each opportunity you can get and stay active until you are given a contract and fleet in the first place and then a starting date in the second place, and then leave your current employer.
It can be very frustrating I know but the main thing is to keep your skills and your flying abilities to the max when you will have the chance to finally join this company provided of course you still have the necessary patience.
As regards fleet division yes there are some situations where purely it does not make any sense on how do they assign them. There was one candidate with 2,500 hours on Boeing 737 that was given the B777 fleet and another one with more or less the same hours on the same type that was given the A320. No one knows precisely how do they decide that. I guess it can be a combination of random, timing, training availability etc etc.