PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some Good News ?
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2012, 09:06
Anthill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only been retrenched once, Airbornesoon? Of the 7 airlines that I have worked for I have been retrenched from 4. Each time that happens...you go to the bottom of the list when you get a new job! What other industry does this?

Some years ago, I was asked by my daughter's school to give a talk to students regarding careers as a Pilot. When I reviewed what I would say to these high school kids, I thought "why would anyone do this job??'

Despite this. I have become moderately wealthy out of Aviation (mostly because I worked at Ansett for 10+ years when the job paid reasonably well). In 1990, my assets were a Datsun 180B and a really good stereo. The key to this is 1) a good relationship with a thrifty, no BS wife, kids at public schools and 2) I never got sucked into any 'tax minimising' (read: asset minimising) schemes.

In about 7-10 years time I will retire and extend the center digit at all of the w@nkers in the industry (which includes a good many pilots as well as managers) and go sailing and gliding when I want to and enjoy the water views from my top floor balcony in the company of a lovely lady and a crisp Sav Blanc, fLick you very much!

Last edited by Anthill; 14th May 2012 at 09:08.