PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No cats and flaps ...... back to F35B?
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2012, 07:34
Backwards PLT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engines

Yet again I have to dispute your "facts" about JFH.

First to blame the RAF entirely for the demise of SHar is simply not true. It required an extensive mid life update (lots of cash) to keep it going and the RN were happy to lose it.

Second you again gloss over the RN's inability to properly man JFH - hence why there were more RAF sqns than RN. To complain that it is because the RAF demanded a couple more QFIs is in itself telling.

More generally, the dark blue complaint on here that the RAF (JFH) did not fully support carrier capability from 2004 ish onwards shows exactly why there needs to be an RAF input into carrier strike. I don't know if you recall but there was a bit of fighting in the middle east and the need was for land based CAS, not carriers. I am sorry if that is inconvenient but Air power was sent where it was needed, we can't afford to do everything, we aren't the USA.

To be honest I am surprised I haven't heard it suggested that Afghanistan was an RAF driven war to try to disprove carrier air. Some around here need to put their tinfoil hats on and knock that large chip off their shoulder.

End Rant.