PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 14th May 2012, 06:28
LoserGill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a bunch of opinion both ways including work and work culture and have family working in Canadian ATC right now if you wish to pm for further info. I have not worked in OZ for nearly 3 years now though to quantify.
I was ATC in Canada for 13 years so I know that employer prety well, thanks for the information though.

Depends on your definition of "nice" I guess but you'd be making compromises for the first few years at least, particularly on a single wage. Housing can be very expensive but for instance Melbourne airport is outer suburban so the housing is more affordable in the area if you don't mind outer suburban.

There's no such thing as a "high grade" tower assignment- we're all paid the same and you start at the bottom and work your way up the payscales.

In Canada the busier Towers and ACC get higher payscales and premiums. I did notice that housing in the major cities in Australia seems quite pricey..

Yeah.. not sure of it is worth the trouble of starting from scratch moving across the Pacific. Thanks for the information though.