PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are Pilots a bunch of crims, perverts and un-noteworthy
Old 14th May 2012, 03:30
AirBumps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is it that after all the bollocks we have to go through to get security and ASIC clearances pilots are not seen as trustworthy people. ASIC cards are not worth the plastic they a stamped on outside aviation. Why are pilots not able to certify documents where a librarian or your average kiddy fiddling priest or teacher can. Surely we go through allot more security checks than they do?
I've worked and operated in GA for about 10 years and I've meet just as many crooks in aviation as I have in any other industry. That includes a range of offenses from continual (read daily) drink driving, to theft to extortion to assault. So in answer to your question I would say its no better or worse than most industries.

As to why they can't certify documents, I think you answered that yourself when you called teachers and priests 'kiddy fiddlers'. You idiot.

Yeah sure, to get an ASIC you must go through security checks - but as is evident in your post clearly not an intelligence check.