PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A CAREER AS A FLYING INSTRUCTOR
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2002, 00:27
oceanicclarence

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking A CAREER AS A FLYING INSTRUCTOR

Hi all just looking for some advice on my plan to become a flying instructor !, i have at present PPL/IMC/NIGHT, 150 hours total 80 pic, and i want to instruct and teach ! i was doing my ATPL studies with PPSC b4 they folded and am now looking to claim my money back from my flexible friend and do another correspondance course with another firm,while building up my hours to the basic level needed, i work as a Mechanic and as a Retained Firefighter and while cash is tight i am managing to keep all my ratings and experience current, at the moment i want to do the ATPL exams and then a CPL and instructor rating, so that i can teach for reward, before adding multi and instrument ratings. while i would love to end up working for an airline, i am also very much a realist and would be very happy to instruct for a living (i know it doesnt pay much but try mechanicing for a while)! any advice, encouragement, help,or words of wisdom gratefully received!am i better just doing CPL exams? full ATPL exams? getting future ratings abroad? making full time instructing a goal then going from there? there must be many people in my situation out there and i am willing to learn from other peoples experience both good and bad, happy new year to you all and may the new year be the best yet for all of us.