PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No cats and flaps ...... back to F35B?
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2012, 20:24
Engines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SammySu,

I got that from a normally reliable source, but happy to admit an error if error made. What i do know is that a late embarkation in Ark had some serious issues with deck crews, as well as weapon loading and basic operating currency.

The point is that under RAF control, JFH's maritime operating capability was treated as something to be addressed when land based operational commitments permitted. When JFH took on Herrick, Fleet were assured that maritime capability would still be maintained. It wasn't.

Details of JFH matter to me only when they are presented in a partial way so as to serve an agenda. I try to stick to facts, once again I apologise fully if I've got some wrong. The facts behind the JFH story are important only if they are used to inform the future.

Going forward, the country needs a maritime strike capability owned by an organisation that is fully committed to making it a real one. In my honest view, the RAF isn't that organisation. Not because they aren't as 'good' as the FAA - they are better at land based ops, and hugely professional. But they just don't 'get' maritime air power. The RN does, I sincerely hope.

Best Regards

Engines